Tuesday, June 16, 2009

#2 D-I-Y crazy

I have been doing my research- I will not compromise on a $20,000 wedding, but I am flippin' sure I am not paying that much. $800 for my wedding cheesecake? For me, the hardest and most anal part is the baking. I would love to just decorate which apparently is the most expensive part of the cake. THOUSANDS of $$ for a photographer, $80 for a wedding veil that literally costs $3 to make ($2 for the tulle, $1 for the comb), $1,000+ for a dress-

As Fart would call it,
Blasphemy!!
I already knew I was going to make my own veil, make my own invitations, centerpieces, bouquets, etc. etc. but had considered hiring a baker, photographer, rental company, and caterer. My family doesn't seem to be helping out with the catering side of things so Thomas and I may just do the darn thing ourselves. We don't really even want/need a photographer- I have a lot of art friends who own prettier cameras than I do. If we do, I'll hire a classmate that has a very deep intrinsic understanding of human emotion and pay them bythe hour. I don't need prints or photo touch-ups- I'm a senior graphic design student who has the school at her disposal! So really, no florist, no photog, no baker- Thomas and I are going to rock this wedding project out.
I've always loved challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment