Thursday, June 25, 2009

#6 Order of Importance


Oh rabbits!

I was thinking about how I love to do everything in a project- usually because delegating responsibility means I have to trust the other person to do it right and if they don't, I just suck it up and finish it myself. But I was talking to my boo, telling him how I know I can handle the fun, decorative side of the planning but I didn't quite understand how to make a party fun for the people. So, being Asian and my boo being American, we had to brainstorm about what would be a good time for both of our cultures and families. Hence, my marketing skills have to come in.

TRADITIONAL ASIANS like 3 things and 3 things only in a party: (or so it seems)
- the food
- gambling
- karaoke

OPEN-MINDED WHITE PEOPLE (with the exception of a few snooty ones) like these things:
- seeing others have fun

So, if you exclude the nice white people from my boo's side of the family and just focus on the judge mental asian people, the white people will have fun as long as everyone else is having fun.

HENCE: Majong for the fam., quite possibly karaoke(oh LORD). Dancing, music, etc. Who knows, a canoe will be by the lake where we're getting married at so some crazy could actually canoe out in their tux!

No comments:

Post a Comment