Thursday, June 25, 2009

# 8 Pink Floral + Fabric Flower theme

Pink Monochrome Flowers:
<-------- The colors we decided were green, light pink, with brown accents. Bouquets in pink will be gorgeous and very romantic in front of a stunning white wedding gown. I have looked online and in grocery stores- I absolutely love peonies and know they will be crazy expensive but roses from Sam's club or the grocery store are affordable. I plan on mixing grocery store flowers with some exotic stems when I can. Most likely not in the midst of wedding craziness but peonies are the closest Asian flower that my mom loves.

Grocery/Sam's Club flowers:
What I noticed the other day was that their flowers were actually quite gorgeous and reasonably priced! A lot of these stores such as Publix and Winn Dixie have sweet deals such as 3 bouquets for $10 and you can mix and match. The flowers I was really interested were the dusty pink Mexican roses, pink gerber daisies, some carnations, and definitely either the green or pink or white mums. I love peonies but I am a girl of simple tastes with bold impact.





Fabric Flowers:
I haven't seen this idea yet(but I'm sure it's out there): Mixing handsewn fabric flowers with real flowers. Perhaps add some paper flowers too where needed. Fabric flowers will add a nice whimsy and graphic feel when purposefully mixed in with the real ones. I absolutely detest fake silk flowers (I have only seen them modern and tastefully used in Ali's wedding). I think as long as the color scheme stays the same and they purposefully look like whimsical fabric flowers as opposed to trying to pass off as fillers I can pull it off. I added a jewel accent in the middle of the appliqué.

Bouquet Ideas:
As shown above in the first 2 bouquets, I think circular form is absolutely cute and puffy! However, just to challenge myself, I want to try to make a cascading bouquet with fern leaves found on our property. Probably not- round bouquets are not only cute but when I make them the week of the wedding, I need to do something simple and my god, they are incredibly easy to compose.

Cluster of Flowers + rubber band + ribbon = DONE!



No comments:

Post a Comment