Friday, July 31, 2009

# 29 Officiant

So neither Thomas or me are particularly religious, yet we're religious about being good, intelligent human beings. Thus, having a religious officiant officiating our ceremony isn't really quite "us," I mean, we're not having our wedding at a church for a reason. So I looked up the marriage requirements and the courthouse pretty much said we can get married in 3 ways: 1) have a minister marry us, 2) have a notary public, or 3) marry at the courthouse for $30. I did a bit of research and almost anybody can become a notary public, he or she just applies for it. This would work out the best because I'd rather have someone who is close to my FH and me rather than some religious stranger which would make me UBER uncomfortable!! So, pretty much, your ma could marry us if she wanted to, or the hobo off the street. Just kidding, I'm excited though.

No comments:

Post a Comment