Saturday, October 17, 2009

# 82 Magazine Glossy Pretty Wedding

I understand the business side of weddings. I get it that the magazines pretty much show you only $30k weddings and up and they all seem to wear brand name attire, including the bridesmaids. Hello, Vera Wang BMs? BANKrupt!!!! I also see a lot of very creative sites and blogs that fight against this preconceived idea that the average wedding costs $25k and that they don't need to be "magazine perfect." While I agree that $25K is absurd, I actually WANT my wedding to look fairy-tale like. I WANT my wedding to look good enough to be in a magazine. I also WANT my wedding to not bankrupt me but include all of the above. So yeah, I'll have some posed shots with my photographer. I'll expect no less from him and I want the whole event to unfold like a fairytale via images. Ideally, I want my project to be featured in an issue of Martha Stewart weddings. Silly, I know, but I'm pretty sure it'll never fly. Not because I didn't DIY the whole event, but because I actually DID DIY the whole thing, resulting in saving funds, and not promoting any brands that support Martha's publication. Oh, silly me. I might hit up Coastal Weddings in Pensacola. I'm sure a local mag wouldn't mind a quirky, whimsical wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment