Tuesday, October 13, 2009

# 79 Cake Idea again

Ok so I said I was going to make my own wedding cheesecake. Aunt Kay(Thomas' close family friend) and Vonda drove all the way down from Huntsville to help me plan my wedding. She was so incredibly helpful and organized I couldn't handle it!!! I gave her a big hug. The next day, Duong and I went to a bridal convention in Mobile. It was really nice though we went late due to my fault and partly my mom's. I got more ideas of catering looks. Pink chocolate fountain? Uhm.... It looked more like Pepto Bismol pink but my mom reeeeeeally wants it pink. wtf... I really don't like white chocolate though but we'll see. I probably won't end up eating a lot of chocolate anyway that night so I probably shouldn't care and let my mom's input influence that decision. I'll talk to Kay about that. Add a few drops of food coloring and voila, pink fountain.


Ok I saw this cake- the ribbed texture is beautiful and hides imperfections. It reminds me of tree bark- very nature like. I think I'll do this. Or I mean, have Kat do this because she demands that I not work on my wedding day. I was actually very shocked- a DIY bride not allowed to touch anything?!?! Well, it did make me feel better. Whew!! About the cake, I said I would add height with pillars but cover the pillars with fresh flowers. I think I'll use a lot of greenery because I might not have enough garden roses to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment