Thursday, September 10, 2009

#62 Ceramics: DoneZO with the sculpting

I had a ceramic centerpiece day yesterday w/ Carry, Diane, & Wew. Man, Carry and I might not carry the longest convo in English but can that girl sculpt. Granted we worked for maybe 3.5-4 hours total, we pumped out 10 tall leaf vases. What. The. Crap. Then today, I scheduled another ceramic day from 2-3 and Rae & I pumped out 2 more vases! That's a total of 12 vases thus far... and seeing how quickly we were able to produce them, I kind of want to make some more but this time much more leisurely, therefor being a much better vase. Maybe something more ornate and organic as opposed to slap-slabbed together. I don't know who else out there will actually go as far as making their centerpiece VASES from scratch. I mean, get the clay, sculpt the clay, let it dry, fire the clay, glaze it, and fire it again. I see it as a longer term investment- put the hours in now and reap the benefits later. Well, now too since clay is so therapeudic.

No comments:

Post a Comment