Monday, August 31, 2009

# 55 Wedding Cheesecake Trial #2 & #3

WEDDING CHEESECAKE TRIAL #2
8.17.09
I used 1/2 of the Cheesecake Factory recipe. I think I misjudged the time it took to bake the cheesecake because it turned out brown and very custardy. The recipe asked for 5 eggs and to halve it, I just used 2. Was very mediocre. I think I put too much flour in it as well. Overall, bland, rubbery sucker with stale graham cracker crust from the 20s. It said to bake for 1.15 hours and leave it in the oven for another hour with the heat turned off. Baked for 1.15 hours and left in the oven for an extra 15-20 minutes. WAYYYYY epic. NG.(not good)

WEDDING CHEESECAKE TRIAL #3
8.27.09
I didn't want to give up on the Cheesecake Factory recipe so for Thomas' bday I tried again. Oh. My. God. I think this is the one. I used slightly more sour cream and vanilla with a NOT rotten lemon in this batch and added an egg so instead of 2 eggs I opted for 3(in the 1/2 recipe). I took it out of the oven a little earlier than 1.15 hours- maybe 1 hour. I didn't even leave it in the oven to bask in its glory. I tell you- let it refridgerate overnight and the flavors will blossom. I felt like a fatty the next day. Score.


------------TASTE TEST: DONE

---------------------SIZE TEST: not

The next trial I need to go ahead and buy my springform pans so I know how long to leave the cheesecakes in the oven. While I'm at it, I need to make the cream cheese icing so that it'll look polished. CC is so temperamental! I am getting the hang of it though!!

I found this blog called cakemonger.com which has this great post: "Cheesecake Wedding Cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment