Monday, August 24, 2009

# 54 Inglourious Basterds Style

Oh my goodness, I went to see Inglourious Basterds last night without knowing what it was about except that Brad Pitt was in it. The film was excellent with a chillingly talented villain and charming cast of basterds. What truly titallated my sense was seeing the French style of the 1940s, hearing everybody speak French(and some English and some Deutch), and watching the genuine mannerisms of their etiquette. Here are some screen shots of the movie- I went nuts seeing the makeup and hair and especially the hair accessories.
Below: Diane Kruger as a French actress
Even though the flower-in-hair has been overdone, I like the simplicity of this piece. The petals look as though they were slightly sculpted with a sheen on it.

Below: I hate her mini hat but I like the idea of it. It's her makeup that interests me. Dark, sculpted brows, light mascara, pale skin, and red lips. Classic.

This picture cracks me up- having wine with her pompous poodle


Below: Melanie Laurent as Shoshanna Dreyfus
Even though she's just wearing casual clothes, she looks impeccably stylish.



No comments:

Post a Comment