Sunday, August 2, 2009

#33 Photo session

above: me taking a pic of Beethoven taking pics

Carry




Beach shots


So Beet. drove 2 hours into Pensacola to shoot M+C's wedding photos. After that, FH and I drove him to downtown Mobile in AL. He shot our engagement shoots(or he calls it the "prenup shoot"- tee hee, that's what they must call in in the Phillipines!).

The shots I thought were lovely and I've always dreamt of taking fashion/editorial styled shots. Thus, I wore my red satin bubble dress with my handmade fabric feather applique and had my hair wavy and long. I actually think engagement photos are totally unnecessary and cheesy but because B included in our package and I refered M+C to him, I figured, WHY NOT?! FH and I hardly have any photos of just us two other than your typical myspace shots and etc. I freaking love Max Wanger's photography style but am also aware that he uses some serious filters. Nonetheless, the vintage feel is lovely to me so I wanted to emulate the cutesy poses. As much as I really like B and think he'll do great at our wedding, I already know many of our engagement photos will be the posed photos I make fun of!



Being in downtown again was very nostalgic for me. I knew going to Bienville Square was a great idea but it didn't hit me until I stepped out onto the street. The entire week's forecast called for scattered T-Storms so VERY fortunately for us, it didn't rain but the sky was overcast. Normally overcast skies make me kind of sad but it provided a nice, nostalgic filter that was natural and appropriate for that older, vintage feel I wanted in the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment