Saturday, April 14, 2012

Donde estas le tortillas? Huevo Rancheros Recipe


YUM! I decided to try cooking Huevo Rancheros - ever since my friend Jessica had us try Cactus Flower, a fresh California-Mexican restaurant, I've been obsessed with their dish. FYI, I absolutely despise eating at Mexican restaurants due to insurmountable cheese, grease, and processed-ness. Cactus has been the only tolerable Mex restaurant and by tolerable, it's friggin' delicious but somewhere in my mind, Mex has been tainted by my previous experiences so I logically can say it's great but emotionally I'm conflicted. lol. 

Here is my fairly healthy recipe:
- 1 tortilla
- can of refried beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh green onions
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped white onions
- fresh rosemary(just a hint), salt, pepper, butter

Spread the refried beans on the soft tortilla - cook on medium heat, flipping onto both sides, until warm. Set aside. Cook eggs your style - mine was over easy so when you cut into the dish, the yolk is running out like yum. Set eggs on top of the tortilla and refried beans, add the vegetables, and voila, finished!

From the Cactus recipe, I cut out the hashbrowns (delicious, but heart stopping) and enchilada sauce. It pretty much tastes the same since everything I used was fresh and if that's one thing Cactus is known for, it's the freshness of their quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment