Friday, April 27, 2012

Cabbage & Fish Curry



"I'm hungry..."
"NO! I'm not cooking! We have nothing!!!"
"I'm hungry..."
"NO!! We're down to NOTHING and all we have is cabbage for vegetables, frozen deer sausage and tilapia as protein."
"....................."
"FINE. Let's see what I can make with cabbage and fish (which is a gross combination in my mind)"

Since I don't do anything without passion, I truly didn't want to cook. I had just eaten, was tired, and wanted to finish reading the 3rd Hunger Games book. I was also completely unappetized at the thought of the combination of fish and cabbage, so I wanted to mask the flavors as much as possible. Oh yeah, there's curry. And, it truly wasn't that bad, I'm just sick of tilapia. For someone who was so adamant about not cooking, I did a fairly bang up job.

Ingredients:
- tilapia
- garlic
- chopped cabbage (1")
- onions
- carrots
- curry powder, salt, pepper, bay leaf, brown sugar, coconut milk, water, organic 2% milk

Again, I ALWAYS heat up the oil, throw some garlic, and toss in the fish rubbed in spices. Once 90% cooked, set aside and begin cooking vegetables. Garlic first, then onions - brown. Carrots - cook until 60%, then add chopped cabbage. Add water, milk, coconut milk, sugar, and spices. Let it boil, then turn it to medium heat to let the sauce simmer as much as possible. Chop up the fish and throw it into the curry pot. YUM(ish)

No comments:

Post a Comment