Friday, October 29, 2010

#137 New Job

Wow, it all happened so quick. I did a testimonial at my credit union a few months back. About a month ago, my [now] boss saw my commercial and made a comment about how nice I seemed. At the time, they were in need of a graphic designer and my friend mentioned, "Um, you know she's a graphic artist right?" So, my boss checked with the HR department to see if I applied- No I hadn't, but once I found out about the opportunity, I dropped everything I had and applied. I finally got to work on my portfolio presentation and decided to go with the iPad- hello, it saves PAPER and is with the technological age! I literally spent 3 whole days prepping my best work to look like it was in 3-D. Oh, this is once I found out I got an interview. I spent the next week and a half working on my portfolio and scheduled an appointment with Career Services for a mock interview. Practice, practice, practice. Though my work should speak for itself, the way I verbally communicate is a variable I was nervous about. I practiced speaking in the car, to Thomas, to UWF, etc. I even got my hair trimmed and a new outfit from The Limited(on sale! woo!). This was the job I wanted- no doubt. You got the 9-5 benefits but also working at all of the events so you're constantly staying busy. Rocked the interview and came back for a 2nd with the CFO.

Now I am at an amazing place.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Congratulations. I"m glad you are doing something you love. That's very admirable.

    ReplyDelete