Friday, October 8, 2010

#135 Baby Baby Baby ARI!

So Brandy's baby girl is named Ari which is a [male] Hebrew name for Lion of God. Of course, that's my cue to incorporate a lion into her shower invitations. No one will get that this strange monstrous creature on her invite is a lion, and they are going to wonder why, but who cares. Brandy will get it and she'll understand.

Anyway, after finding out I couldn't print at the office, I was determined to have them printed last night however late it would be. B sent me home early which was fine because I took my sweet time to the school and went nuts. The printer was being my best friend that night(I don't know why it wasn't when I wanted to print my wedding invites! Sheesh!). 1st priority- test print the invites. Color looks good- 48 later, OK. Well, I have time now- I wanted people to bring diapers as a "raffle" but without sounding greedy. So, I made up a little poem that was lighthearted and hopefully not desperate sounding. I absolutely hate it when invites tell me what to do. Here it is:


Test printed it- oh mama, that brown looks black. I adjusted it so now it looks good. Perfect. Now the tricky part- should I even try sending envelopes that tiny through that huge machine? After a few attempts, I nailed it and now the envelopes are super cute. Here's what they look like:
Of course I changed the names and addresses on here for privacy sake but seriously, I'm stoke!! After that, I cut up all of the inserts(which were the perfect width, thank goodness) and found out I made a big no-no. I had left one of the guides on, thus printing my invites with a thin black line on the side of half of the stack. I ended up trimming them off, but it's pretty clear that one side is wider than the rest. Whatever, I labeled that side as the "Lovely" stack and put the "Perfect" stack in another order. I stuffed them all until I was kicked out of the lab. Woo hoo, this = donezo and I love it.

Annnnnd I took one invite from the Perfect stack. Hey, I deserve a good invitation, right? I also added rub-on transfers from Martha Stewart's line(<3 her) but only had 20 so now only 19 of the invites have the sweet little envelopes that say "It's a Girl!" on it. Mua hahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment