Friday, January 8, 2010

# 121 First Stop: New York for the 1st week

SAT- hopped on a train to NY
SUN- arrived in NY around 2!
MON- went to the Cooper Hewitt Museum! It sort of sucked- I only liked 1 or 2 pieces in the entire museum. Plus I hate their DON'T TOUCH stickers and their guards. So mean! They have regular magazines on their casual display and I got yelled at for trying to thumb through the pages. lame. Bought $10 tickets to a comedy show at Comic Strip, the famous venue where Jerry Seinfield opens up his show every time. That $20 for 2 budget exploded to $80 spending money that night. They get you with, "Buy a $10 ticket!" and then require you to purchase $20 minimum of drink orders or 2 drinks. Well, the average drink there was $12, + tax + tip. You get the picture. Although it was really funny. After one strawberry margarita, the host asked "who's drunk?!" and I yelled from the back, "TOASTED!!!" Oh lord, tequila.
TUES- My 23rd Bday! Went to ChinaTown and searched for Prosperity Dumpling, home of the famous $1 for 5 huge, juicy dumplings. AMAZINNNNG!!! Thomas and I literally got full off of 5.50. It was so cheap I threw some more money at the guy because I felt like I was robbing him. Saw The Lion King on Broadway at night! It was fantastic- an 8 out of 10. Made me cry. A few steps from our hotel.
WED- Went to the Met. Got a picture with Mao.
THUR- 7am Feng Wah bus to Boston. Arrive at 11. There my aunt, her friend, Thomas, and I went to a Chinese teahouse. Thomas facebooked "at Boston having tea party." Ha. Went to Copley Center, the campus of MIT(very cool), and had a very traditional Chinese dinner at New Jumbo. The first time I got to stare at the fish I was going to eat before it was killed(they had an aquarium full of lobsters and fish). Arrived back to Chinatown around 11:30 at night. A bit spooky but hey, it's my country-town.
FRI- uhm, right now is Friday. Still deciding.
SAT- Fly to Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for part II

No comments:

Post a Comment